This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Ground is Still Intact

Dear Readers,

Hello.  It's been awhile, so let's get this awkward conversation over with.  I don't have anything earth-shattering to say today, because I just need to break the ice.

We've a health issue over here (read 20+ doctor's visits in 2 months, and 4 ER visits, a surgery, and more prescriptions than we can remember to take).  Did you know being sick is a full-time job?  All 4 of us have just not been healthy, and if we take care of one thing, then something else comes up.

So, this is for me.  This blog isn't a scary place.  It's my place and I just need to remember that it's here.

I don't have a lack of material to share, for I have meaningful experiences daily.  I'm still thinking about families a lot.  I'm excited for fall and Thanksgiving.  My gratitude for my Savior is increasing as I continue to study the Atonement.  This makes me look forward to Christmas more than I have before.  My marriage is doing the best it's ever done.  I'm content with my life and I rejoice in the teachings of the gospel as I read the talks from General Conference.  I received my print edition of the Ensign a couple of days ago, but you can find it all online here.

I do have a lack of time and energy from nursing this family and fulfilling my other commitments.  I can't usually just churn out a post in 10 minutes.  That's not how I write.  But I don't have time for how I want to write, so I ignore this blog.  And the more time that passes, the harder it is get back in the groove.

I have excuses for sure.  I also do not want to become prideful.  I want to share my experiences, but in no way do I want to appear as the expert on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I'm not.  I'm not their official spokesperson, so I don't need to make speculation or share my thoughts about Church policies and if I like them or not, or if I think they are right or not.  That's not what this blog is about.  I'm a regular person trying to be healed by the Atonement of Jesus Christ and create meaningful relationships in this short life before I'm called home to my Maker and held accountable for my choices on this Earth.

So, c'mon Lindsay, make it happen.

Let's get groovy and start writing again.

Love,
Lindsay

No comments: