This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

More Committed

Dear World,

In neglecting to keep up this blog, naysayers may delight in thinking that I, Lindsay, have wavered in my faith.  Perhaps they think that it was a passing fad like one might make other lifestyle experimentations (i.e. diets, exercise plans, breaking a habit).  Maybe I never was really committed in the first place, just a dabbler, not adequate to be a proclaimer of this gospel.

Not true.

If anything I am more committed than ever.  My testimony strengthens daily, hourly, and I know that there is a God who loves me, KNOWS me BY NAME, and is mindful of my life.  He sends angels to minister to me daily, hourly, constantly.  I truly am nothing as He has given me everything.  I believe in my Savior, Jesus Christ, and his all-encompassing atonement.  It covers all pain, injustices, and paves the way to provide the mercy I need to be accepted back into God's presence.  I am a Christian.  I love to read the Bible.  I love to learn more about my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.

As I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints or Mormon, I do read the Book of Mormon.  It is another testament of Jesus Christ.  It tells of His interactions with those in the Americas.  It tells of the story of those people because God loves all of his children, not just those in Jerusalem.  I have read the Book of Mormon in its entirety and completed "Moroni's Promise."  I prayed to know if the book was true.  I received the answer as it says in Moroni 10:5. ("by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things")  I felt a warmth in my soul and a knowledge of truth in my mind that I could not make go away or deny that I felt.

I recognize that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet called in these days.  He is the Lord's mouthpiece.  I maintain my worthiness to enter into temples.  They are the House(s) of the Lord and no unclean thing may enter.  I hold sacred the things I learn and the peace that temple attendance brings me.

I proclaim that I know that the family is the most basic unit of society.  The family is ordained of God.  Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan (The Family: A Proclamation to the World, paragraph 7)  Because the family is "essential" to God's plan.  Satan is trying to tear families apart.   I see it every. single. day.  I feel like I have to work VERY hard every. single. day. to keep my family strong and together in one heart, mind, and purpose.

Knowing these things so strongly myself makes it hard to understand that there are people in this world that do NOT know them for themselves.  Some have never ever been introduced to have the option to reject these truths.  Others have been introduced and have either rejected them or are slow in learning/ accepting them.  It is this reason that I must make a more committed effort to post on this blog.  I know people are searching for truth and they need a place to find it.

I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the one and only Church that provides a way to live with God again due to the priesthood authority that it has to perform the necessary ordinances on Earth that need to happen.  The Mormons don't have a lock on a belief in God or Jesus or all the good things that Christendom has to offer, but they do have the priesthood authority from Jesus Christ to baptize, etc.

My friends who are looking for truth.  Look here.  Know that I know.  It is true.

Truthfully,
Lindsay

No comments: