This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Worlds Without Number

Dear Friend M,

A few months ago I was driving in the car with my daughter.  She had picked up a flyer while we were out and was proceeding to read it.

"Mom, what's a world?"

I then proceeded to explain what a world was to her for a few minutes.  Not wanting to miss an opportunity for a spiritual conversation, I then said, "Heavenly Father created the world.  There's a scripture that says Heavenly Father created worlds without number (Moses 1:33)."  I told her to think of the biggest number that she could and that there were even more worlds than that.  I give an example of something like a million, billion, gazillion, trillion (because that was the biggest number that I could think of on the spot).

"You mean like 100?"

"Is that the biggest number you can think of?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah, Heavenly Father created 100 worlds and even more than that."  :)

Laughingly,
Lindsay

No comments: