This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Movie Day

Dear Readers,

Do you ever just have one of those days where you want to watch a movie?  Maybe curl up on the couch with some popcorn, and just laze around?

Consider the Bible Videos.  Today when I visited lds.org the first thing I saw was the Bible Video about Jesus calling the original twelve apostles.  So, I went and watched it, because I was tired, and it was nice to rest after my run, but yet get lifted up.

So far 27 of the 50 Bible Videos are completed and up for viewing.  They are amazing.  I can't believe we still have half to go!  This is an amazing resource and I'm so glad that the First Presidency gave me and you, and you, and you this gift for Christmas.

The words of the Savior are absolutely soothing.  Words of chicken soup for the soul.  Seriously, next  time you're home sick on the couch, instead of watching re-runs on tv, click on over to the Bible Videos.

In this particular video I loved hearing "Freely ye have received, freely give" (Matt. 10:8).  I'm not an apostle, but I am a follower of Christ and want to heed his counsel.  I have been blessed with so much.  Sometimes I hoard, sometimes I freely give, whether this be a simple smile or of my financial resources or precious time or even knowledge or expertise.

Freely give.  That sounds like the kind of thing to write on a 3x5 index card and stick it someplace.  Will you do it too?

Pass the popcorn, please.

Solemnly,
Lindsay

No comments: