This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Monday, March 26, 2012

It's Complicated

Dear Readers,

I love each and every one of you, and I love it when you send me things to read, or make sure that I know certain resources exist.  I love to share with each one of you my testimony and how I apply Christ's doctrine in my life.

This blog was never meant to be a play-by-play of my life.  It is not my journal.  The original goal was to have a place that would refer readers to the proper information on the internet (i.e. mormon.org, lds.org, or any in the family of websites sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints).  I meticulously made sure to never bring too much emotion into any blog post.  But, as the months evolved (2 year anniversary coming up!), I started to share more application of principles in my life, thereby revealing more and more of my person (thoughts, feelings, what I do) to the bloggy world while still maintaining fierce protection of my privacy.  As I moved from sharing information to sharing testimony, content somehow became entwined with ME.

I want to testify to the whole world of my love for the Savior and His doctrines.  I want everyone to know how I feel about THE plan (Plan of Salvation).  I want you to know that I DO live the standards that Mormons live and I LIKE it.

But, it's complicated.

I have no time to blog, because I'm out serving the Lord (or holding onto the little precious family time that I have).  When I do have time to blog, I have to choose carefully over time restraints, and privacy issues.  I have a lot that I would love to share about my church service and things that I have learned, but it's just not working to share right now.

Now this isn't a break-up, even though it is me, not you :)  I guess I feel like I need to come clean.  I'm trying to be as honest as possible on the blog and write about my REAL life, but when I look back and see my last post is about modesty with my daughter.  I have to laugh.  It was 100% true, and really did happen.  It just represents 5 minutes out of 10 days, and it totally does NOT represent what I did in the last 10 days.

That's all.  It's impossible to give you a chronological mission journal, and I'm really sorry.  I feel like my blog is dis-jointed and jumbly, mainly because I can't really follow up on any thoughts that I share, because my life just moves too fast.  I compose blog posts in my head a lot as I know I have tons of great experiences to share.  Some make it to my drafts folders, and tons do not.  Sometimes I want to share something, but the mere thought of giving the back story just frightens me out of typing, because I learn so much all of the time.  These small snapshots really don't give my testimony justice at the moment.

This was long to say nothing I know, but I just want you to know that I KNOW that there is a discrepancy between the life I really live and what my blog might make it seem like my life is like.

Thanks for reading,
Lindsay

No comments: