This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Want It All

Dear Readers,


This is a continuation of my last post.


Today let's talk about attitude.



The way to “have it all” is to want all that you have.  Because then, if you want all that you have, then you have all that you want.   Having all that you want brings great contentment.  Think that through for a minute.

Let’s break it down.

When I say “want all that you have” I am referring to wanting, accepting, and feeling gratitude for everything that has happened in your life.  I mean every little thing whether it was good or bad.  Situations that were devastating in the moment are some of the experiences that I treasure the most now.   They make me who I am.  They are what have molded me into who I am and helped to refine my rough edges.  Instead of being upset by things that happened to me and letting myself become a “victim” (“Why me?” or “Only me!” mentality) I have learned to embrace my past.  It doesn’t take away the fact that it was hard for me.   It was definitely hard at the time.  Being grateful for my past also doesn’t lessen the severity of choices that others made towards me.  Everyone has things happen to them that they can’t control.  We could all be “victims” if we wanted to choose to be miserable, but then the world would just be miserable.  And that sounds so sad.

I’m not going to lie.  Acceptance doesn’t come overnight.  It took me a few years.  Once you embrace all of your embarrassments and can laugh about them (Thanks Elder Wirthlin!), then you’ll really appreciate “All” that you have.  I do have tons of examples, but seeing how I barely have any time to post anymore, I’m trying to keep this short.

I have to say that I love being me.  Nobody can be me, but me.

 Next up is The Pots and Pans Theory.  This really explains how I “do it all”.  It’s already half written, but I really want to write some other things first, so don’t hold your breath waiting for The Pots and Pans Theory, though with such a catchy name, I could see how you might be intrigued :).

Very tiredly,
Lindsay

No comments: