This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Meet Lindsay

Dear Readers,

I'm still here.  I'm still me, but I feel like we need to get reacquainted.  It's been such a busy time this Spring/Summer that I just feel disorganized on this blog.  I know I have posting snippets, but I know there is so much more to me and my testimony than what I am able to show.

Hi.  I'm Lindsay.

No,

Hi, I'm Lindsay!!!

I'm glad you're here.  I'm glad we're friends.  This is my place where I share about the things that I believe, because it is our beliefs that make up who we are.

This is what I look like.  I took this picture 2 minutes ago.  I went outside just for you so that you could see I am a regular person (no primping, just the real me).  I spent my morning at the zoo, drew chalk pictures with my daughter, and ate restaurant leftovers for lunch.

I'm a Mormon.  A member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.


I like to smile. You could even say that being a Mormon makes me happy.

My family also makes me happy.  I believe that families are forever.



 I will be with them for eternity.  The temple makes this possible.


I believe marriage is between one man and one woman.  Husband makes me so happy.


I like to pray.  I like to read my scriptures.  I like to stay close to my Heavenly Father.  This is my secret to happiness.  When I try to do things my way, without Him, I'm miserable.

That's why I love being a Mormon.  You can read my profile on mormon.org.

You can catch up on this blog and start from the very beginning (that'd take a long time).

This is me back in April (yeah it's time to catch up).


I cut my hair.  I've been meaning to tell you.


Sometimes it flips out.


 It also gets big in the humidity.  I don't like that, but it's me.


I am addicted to teaching piano lessons.  I have 20 students.  I love teaching students and watching them learn.  I love being an interested person in their life and development and growth.  Kids are the future!  I love music, but piano lessons is just a way for me to work with these developing youth.

I bought a sewing machine and I love it.  I have things to show you!!!  I'm a natural sewer!!! (at the easy stuff that is.)  I also love paper crafts, but I don't scrapbook.  Cards are my specialty.

Family dinner is a must in our house.  I like to cook/ bake/ make dinner and other things.

I still don't know Spanish, but last night Daughter said "Gracias" to our server at a Mexican restaurant.  It was funny.  She thought she was pretty cool.  It was cool.  She thought of it all by herself when she heard the next table over speaking Spanish.

We're not really adopting.  That's the funny thing about listening to the Spirit.  If you listen He will tell you things.  After researching local agencies, national agencies, LDS Family Services, international adoption options, designated adoption, etc we don't feel good about any adoption at this time.  Why did it change?  I don't know either, but our time will come.  We will keep listening to the Spirit.

I have learned that every time we listen to the Spirit, I learn something, even when he re-routes my life from a different direction than I was going in.  Thank you for your prayers anyways.

I'm a goof.

No, I wouldn't define myself as a goof, but

this is me crawling through one of those bounce-y things.  I'm way too classy to be a goof and there's no such thing as a classy goof.


I like to have good old-fashioned wholesome fun.  I majored in college in Recreation Management and Youth Leadership.  Husband learned how to pull teeth.  I learned how to throw a party!!!  No joke.  I know how to play games and have fun (without sitting in front of a screen).  These are valuable skills I tell you.

While I prefer to put my polished foot forward, I am also the lady who spilled a whole carton of blueberries in the check-out line at the store.  I also tripped at Church and fell to the floor.  I regularly put my foot in my mouth, though thankfully not as often as I used to.  I have a hard time throwing things away and struggle to keep plants alive.

I don't like to focus on my faults, but you can rest assured that I have them.  I'm not trying to hide them or be fake to you, but when I focus on them it takes my attention away from becoming better.  So, I like to keep things positive.

This year I am trying to reach out to others.  I am also trying to become more missionary minded.  I love to improve myself to become more like my Savior Jesus Christ.

Currently I am counting down the days to General Conference.  I REALLY love to read/ listen to General Conference.  I also want to start my "Out of the Mouth of Prophets" series again.

I am also missing my trip to Nauvoo.  I can't say enough about visiting Nauvoo and Carthage, IL.  We love the pioneers at our house.  I am only taking down our pioneer decorations today so that they will be "fresh" for Daughter's birthday later this year.  Yes, my daughter is having a pioneer themed birthday.  She is also receiving a pioneer dress as a present and she can't wait.

For now, this is the best get-up I can provide.


I love that girl!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am very blessed to be her mother.

Thanks for reading.  I just found out this week that I have 7 subscribers.  I don't even know exactly what that means, but thanks!  I hope that you are up-lifted and can feel of my love for the gospel of Jesus Christ.

It's been nice to meet you.  I hope you feel like you know the current me now.  (I am always changing!)

Your friend,
Lindsay

No comments: