This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mormon.org Profile

Dear Readers,

I have great news!!!

My profile is finally up on mormon.org.  Check it out!!!  Last July the Church announced that they wanted to get 10,000 profiles ready for the launch of the new mormon.org.  I quickly made a profile.  Well, for months and months it kept saying "pending review" and I had no idea why.  When Husband made his profile it said "pending review" and then it told him of a specific change that needed to be made.  Mine never said anything like that.  I have been pulling my hair out in frustration!

I have been putting off posting about mormon.org and all of it's features, because I wanted to be able to say that my profile was on it.  I finally just decided that I would post about it anyways.  I went to check one last time and THIS time it was finally "published."  It is definitely not current, but now I am afraid to change anything, because I don't want it to get lost for another whole year.

Mormon.org is a great way to learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It answers lots of questions that are frequently asked about us "Mormons".  It also now has thousands of profiles that show who we are as members of the Church.  It shows what we do, and what we believe.  We are regular people with regular jobs, living in regular communities all around the world.

It looks like they have made changes to the profile process.  If you are already a member and haven't made one, start today.  It's easy.  Start HERE.  If you are looking for more information then just start clicking around.  I'm sure you'll be surprised at how much you have in common with those of our faith.  Or click on Mormon.TV at the top of the page (or just here), and you will find some videos. Who doesn't love videos?  That's what I thought.

Happy one year anniversary to the profiles on Mormon.org and happy celebrations that my profile is now one of them for all to see!!!

Celebratory,
Lindsay

No comments: