This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Discussion - Scriptures

Dear Readers,

This week I would like to share scriptures.  You don't have to pick a favorite (because that is hard to do).  The scripture I would like to share is:

Proverbs 3:5  "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."

For the past 3 weeks I have been especially thinking about this scripture.  I made 5 little signs and placed them in the 5 places that I frequent most.  Every time I passed by a sign I read the scripture and then pondered and prayed about it (while I did the dishes, drove in the car, washed my hands in the bathroom, etc.)

The scripture is only 15 words long, but spending an extended amount of time thinking about it has broadened my horizons and taught me new things.  It has brought me peace.  It has brought me closer to my Father in Heaven.

What scripture have you been thinking about lately?

Studiously,
Lindsay

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love this. A good way to remember what is important and keep it in your thoughts. Especially being able to have happy thoughts while doing mundane things like washing dishes...