This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Friday, April 8, 2011

General Conference in Review

Dear Readers,

I have become much better at managing my time lately.  I still need to make some improvements, but I have been doing a great job.  Unfortunately with all of my shifting of time and priorities, it means I am not getting to post until today, Friday.  I WANTED to post on Monday, but I was still coming down off of my Conference Cloud :)  Tuesday I had some other things.  Wednesday was April 6th.  That is the day that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was reorganized in 1830 and I wanted to commemorate that.  Alas.  Thursday, the text of all the General Conference talks was made available on the website conference.lds.org, but it was not meant to be.

Here we are, in awe.  This was one of the best weekends that I have had in a very long time.

Friday, we prepared.  We were so busy doing so many things to make sure that we could sit back all hear every word.  We did not waste a single second.  There was just so much to do!  Friday night, Husband and I attended the temple.  It was the best way to prepare for Conference.  It got our minds in the right place and prevented us from filling it with junk right before.  We came home and slipped into a peaceful slumber.

Saturday I jumped out of bed and ran my 4 1/2 miles.  Then I ran to the grocery store (I know, I know, call me a hypocrite, but it is how it had to be this time).  Forgive please.  Then I had just enough time to shower and churn out this breakfast bar!!!  I told my mom about it and she said, "Was that for other people, or you did all that just for your family?"  It was just for my family, and it didn't take that long.  I wanted to symbolize to Daughter that this was SPECIAL day.  I also opted for fruit as to avoid the sugar slump that comes after eating something like cinnamon rolls, donuts, etc.  I wanted to be energized to listen.
Then we listened and were spiritually fed.  Daughter napped through the afternoon session and then we enjoyed dinner with friends.  Husband went and listened to the Priesthood session and then it was time to jump into bed.

Sunday we woke up and did it all over again.  We had lots of fruit and fruit dip left over to be had with our french toast and bacon, etc.  We watched Music and the Spoken Word to kick it all off.  Then we loved every word that was spoken or sung.  Daughter napped through the afternoon session and woke up just as President Monson was finishing up.

As soon as it ended, Daughter asked for "more Conference", so we listened to some of the songs again.

I loved how many of the talks spoke of understanding the Plan of Salvation and understanding who we are.  They spoke of having a testimony of these things and how after we have that testimony and knowledge then we can lift up others.

I have been working on "my gaps" and these things were just what I needed to hear to fill them in.  I cannot wait to begin reviewing these Conference talks.  This is going to be a great 6 months!!!

Joyfully,
Lindsay

No comments: