This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mind the Gap

Dear Readers,

This talk has been flowing in and out of my mind.  "Mind the Gap" by Barbara Thompson of the Relief Society General Presidency.  


"Many of us have gaps in our own lives. Sometimes it is the difference between what we know and what we actually do or the gap between our goals and what we actually accomplish. These gaps can be reminders of ways in which we can improve or, if ignored, can be stumbling blocks in our lives."


The past 4-5 months have been exceptionally hard for me.  I know that most of you have been following along my vague posts that never detail the story :)


This talk is a great metaphor for these past 4 months.  I have not been minding the gaps in my life.  The good news is that now I am.  The bad news is that it was a long and rough and maybe in part unnecessarily so, because I did not mind my gaps.


Do you have gaps?  Do you know something in your heart, but in your head you push it away?  Are you making your own life miserable?  Do you share the same gaps as in the article?  Do you know that you are a child of God?  Do you struggle with Relief Society?  Do you have a valiant testimony of Jesus Christ?  Is something else holding up your progress?


That's a lot of questions to think about.  Sorry.


Questioningly,
Lindsay

No comments: