This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Don't Hate



Dear Readers,


I must ask for your understanding.  Tomorrow I will be fasting from the computer.
"To fast is to go without food and drink voluntarily for a certain period of time. Fasting combined with sincere prayer can strengthen us spiritually, bring us closer to God, and help us prepare ourselves and others to receive His blessings." please click here for reference and more information
Since I must eat while taking this medication, I have decided that I will fast from the computer, because it is something that I can give up voluntarily that I sometimes need/ want (like food).


Instead of making an explanatory post to you tomorrow about my decision, I will be reading the scriptures and praying.


A few months ago someone asked me to fast for them and I found this article by Shayne M. Bowen (who my husband personally knows and respects), that really gave me a lot of insight.


I know that the Lord can and will bless my family with the things that we desire, but only after we do everything that we can.  Fasting tomorrow is one thing that we have decided that we need to do to show our Heavenly Father that we are willing to make sacrifices in order to receive his blessings.  We are also asking others to fast and pray for us to combine our faith together, because I KNOW that God performs miracles and it is NOT a matter of "if", but "when".


I am sorry.  I have been thinking about this blog a lot this past week.  I am sorry to put you off one day, but I appreciate the prayers that I know that we have received from some of you readers.


Sincerely,
Lindsay

No comments: