This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Marriage Challenge



Dear Friend L,


I have been thinking about you a lot over the past few weeks, but never really getting the thoughts that are in my head out into our numerous conversations.


I think that you are a wonderful single parent and I really admire what you have done as a mother to your children.  Recently, I took Daughter to a Christmas parade.  Husband ended up working on a special project and did not accompany us, much to every one's disappointment.  We love family outings and activities.  Taking Daughter to the parade alone really put into perspective for me what it was like to be alone.


Obviously I care for Daughter everyday as a stay-at-home mom, but doing something on a Saturday really was hard. There was no one to share in the bathroom trips, or a second set of eyes to keep her out of the street, or monitor that her fingers were staying warm.  It was just her and I and it felt incomplete.  No one to be a team with me.  I love Husband.  He is so good to me, and I love being on the same team as him, always working together for a common goal.  Life throws lots of curve balls and I couldn't imagine if I had to field them all alone in regards to Daughter.


I remember once that you told me that you would love to be married, but that you just needed to find the right guy, or something like that.  Well, you should marry my friend W.  The only problem is that he is already married.  He treats his wife like a queen.  I love to watch them interact and observe all of the little details that he puts into his relationship.  My friend D also treats his wife so awesome.  Nothing makes me smile as much as a loving attentive husband (of course mine rocks too!).


Anyways, like I said I have been thinking about you for weeks, maybe months, I am not sure.  All of my widowed and divorced friends have so much of my respect.  I read this article today and thought you might enjoy it (not that I think you need it, just that I thought you would enjoy it, because I did).  I felt like it helped me understand you better.  Also, let me know if there is anything that I can do for you.  I hope that you never feel alone, because I am your friend and a willing member of your support system (and we all need support).


Lastly, I am going to issue myself a challenge.  I will keep looking for a husband for you, just kidding.  I am going to do something to work on my marriage tomorrow.  I don't really have an idea yet, but I will just do something tomorrow.  I want to be grateful for my marriage and not take it for granted.  There are too many women (and men) that find themselves single with no warning.  What if that happened to me?


Really, I am impressed by your children.  Do not be so hard on yourself.


Your friend,
Lindsay

No comments: