This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankful for Talents


Dear Readers,

Now it is the last day of November.  As I was thinking about some things last night, about the month, and my blessings, I thought of talents.  It came out of nowhere, and I know that the thoughts that I have had over the past 24 hours have been revelation from God, so I share them with you.

I am blessed to have been given many talents.  I recognize that.  They take a lot of time to develop and use, but I try to use mine to help others.  Some talents are tangible or easy to see.  These would be a great singer, or a detailed artist.  Others don't have as much weight given to them, but they are equally important (ie: a good listener, a trustworthy acquaintance).  Any talent is a gift from God.

Everyone has talents.  I know that they do.  I was telling my Daughter recently that the fact that we have anything shows that Heavenly Father loves us.  Talents are more gifts of God's love for us.  Everyone has unique talents.  I am glad that people have strengths that I don't have.  I am beginning to understand just how unique and special each of God's children are.


I know I profit from others' talents.  I am so grateful for the many people (read: all) who have talents that bless my life.  Since everyone has talents, then everyone is blessing my life.  Sometimes our society places greater esteem on certain talents, but that doesn't need to happen.  All talents are equally wonderful to me.

A song has been running through my head all day today as I have pondered these things.  It is called "Every Star is Different".  I want each and everyone of you to listen to the song.  I don't want you to skip the link because you are (fill in the excuse), or think, "oh yeah, I know how that goes".  Even if you know every single word perfectly, I want you to listen and read the words.

I MEAN IT.  This is also the link to the song!  (make sure to click on Words and Music in the upper left)

The Spirit whispered to me today that someone is going to listen to this song and read the words and be touched, and have tears come to their eyes as they are reminded of eternal truths, feel of God's love for them, and understand their role in this divine Plan.  Maybe it'll be me.  Maybe it'll you.  I don't know.  Don't cheat yourself.

"Everyone is needed for just what he can do"

Whatever your talents may be, Heavenly Father gave them to you and is counting on you to use them, because if you don't, someone will miss out.

Each one of you, my readers, are so special and wonderful.  I don't know all of you personally, but I think about you.  I wonder who you are.  Are you male or female?  How old are you?  Do you have any children?  I see where you are from and how often you come and that's all I know about you, but it is enough to know that you cannot be replaced.  You are in my life right now for a reason, and I thank you.

"You're the only person who ever can be you."

Don't try to be anyone else, but yourself.  We are have our own earthly mission to complete.

Whenever you read this post, take one little minute to think about talents and be grateful for them.  The talents you have, the talents that others share with you.

I am so thankful for talents and the good efforts of good people.

Yours,
Lindsay

No comments: