This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Live in Thanksgiving Daily


Dear Friend T,

In one of his Conference talks, President Monson referenced Alma 34:38 in that part of it reads, "live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which [God] doth bestow upon you".

The past few days I have really been counting my blessings.  One blessing has been that of family.  I was feeling down and very burdened by something.  I emailed my family as I neared pure desperation.  (I know I shouldn't have allowed myself to feel so low, but it is really hard to do)  To my surprise, every single household emailed me back within hours.  They all had words of encouragement and ideas to help.

I was touched by the sincerity of their words and their lengthy and thoughtful responses.  I could tell how much time they had spent and isn't love spelled T-I-M-E?  Elder Uchtdorf just said that.

Now my family is always there for me, but this time it really stood out to me.

Why am I writing to you?  If you are wondering, it's because when I thought of family relationships you are actually the first person that came to my mind.  I know that you are a great family guy.  Your love and devotion to them shows.  I also am impressed by how you interact with others in a way that encourages them to do more for their families.

This is a great time of year to be counting blessings, though as the scripture says we should live in thanksgiving daily.

Your friend,
Lindsay

No comments: