This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude Part 2


Out of the Mouth of Prophets - Part 4

Dear Readers,

Oh, am I exhausted.  Sickness has come to our home and lingered like an unwelcome house guests.  Every time I think we have kicked "him" (yes, definitely masculine) to the curb I see that he has found a new anecdote to share that is only amusing to him.

With the holidays coming I hope you don't have any house guests like this, nor do I hope that you get sick.

As I sit here exhausted trying to do nothing and yet everything all at the same time, I thought it would be perfect to write my next "Attitude of Gratitude" post before I go about my day.

President Monson in his "The Divine Gift of Gratitude" talk chose to end it with some thoughts about the Savior.

As I close this morning, it is my prayer that in addition to all else for which we are grateful, we may ever reflect our gratitude for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. His glorious gospel provides answers to life’s greatest questions: Where did we come from? Why are we here? Where do our spirits go when we die? That gospel brings to those who live in darkness the light of divine truth.
He taught us how to pray. He taught us how to live. He taught us how to die. His life is a legacy of love. The sick He healed; the downtrodden He lifted; the sinner He saved.

Let us follow Him. Let us emulate His example. Let us obey His words. By so doing, we give to Him the divine gift of gratitude.
My sincere, heartfelt prayer is that we may in our individual lives reflect that marvelous virtue of gratitude. May it permeate our very souls, now and evermore."
I am grateful for Jesus Christ.  He is my elder brother and my perfect example.  He always knows how I feel (like right now!) and will always make my burdens light if I just turn to Him.  I like that President Monson says that we can give the "divine gift of gratitude" to the Savior.  We just need to obey His words and try to be like Him.  With all that Jesus did for me, there is a chance for me to express my gratitude to Him.  I will obey.  I will choose to obey.

I know that I am a part of Christ's church.  That is why it is called The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It is the same as when Christ was on the Earth.  It had to restored, because after the Apostles died, Christ's church was no longer on the Earth.  Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father appeared to Joseph Smith when he asked which church he should join.  They answered that he shouldn't join any of them, and proceeded in time to restore what had been lost from when Christ was on the Earth.

I am grateful.  I may be tired, but as I sit here and think of my gratitude, it is melting my selfish cares away so that I might be able to go and do as Jesus would.

If you wish to watch this conference address by President Monson, click here.  Just find this talk (Sunday Morning Session), and watch, download, whatever you want.

10 Thankful Quick Ones.....
1. birthday cake  2. books  3. big bathtubs  4. conference talks  5. conference talks in digital formats  6. jeans  7. Mr. D  8. honest people who turn in things that have been lost  9. hugs and kisses  10. wait for it.....now taking guesses.......Jesus Christ, my Savior!!!

How do you feel about the Savior?  Did you enjoy President Monson's words?  My email is lettersfromlindsay at gmail dot com.

Part 3 will be the final installment of the "Attitude of Gratitude" series.  Watch for it in the coming days and weeks.

Joyfully, (like how I went from tired to joyful?)
Lindsay

No comments: