This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Please Come


Dear Friend P,

It was so nice to talk to you on the phone.  I am sorry if I sounded nervous.  I realized that I have actually only talked to you twice and one of the times you were not quite yourself....if you can remember that night, you'll know what I am talking about. :) I guess I just feel like I know you better from hearing Husband talk about you.

I was so nervous that I don't know if I really explained everything very well.

I am one of the leaders of the Primary children on Sundays at church.  This means for two hours I help to oversee their curriculum being taught while their parents are taught in different classes.  This includes singing songs about Jesus Christ and other things we believe in and also learning the teachings of ancient prophets (found in the scriptures) and from our current prophet, Thomas S. Monson.  We believe he is called of God to deliver to us the message that God would like us to know currently.  If God loved the people in Bible times enough to guide them with prophets, he most certainly still does today in 2010.

These Primary children are ages 3-11.  They are sweet and full of love.  I know you say you are not ready to have kids yet, but children are such a blessing.

This program that I have invited you to, will be the children singing and giving talks.  Each year we have a theme that we learn about.  This presentation is the children's chance to showcase for their parents what they have learned.  The 10 and 11 year kids wrote their own talks.  Sometimes people accuse our church of brainwashing, but I can tell you that is not the case.  We teach these children, then they decide for themselves how they feel about it.  I know as you listen to them that you will be touched by the maturity of their thoughts.  The holy Spirit whispers to them the things that are true.  It is so sweet to hear it from their perspective how they feel about spiritual things.

I really hope you can make it, but if you end up going to Missouri, I hope you have a fun trip.  We'll just have to have you over for dinner again soon.

Sincerely,
Lindsay

No comments: