This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Monday, October 4, 2010

My Cup Runneth O'er


Dear Readers,

Good morning!!!  I spent the weekend listening to the General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I was so blessed to have a husband who wanted to watch every word with me, and that my patient daughter was quiet enough for this to occur.  She played so quietly (why can't she do that at church?!?!?!) while we all watched and sang together.  It was a wonderful weekend.

Saturday I fasted for a specific problem and the answer came.  That same day I was able to share my thoughts with the person whom I had been fasting for.  My heart felt full.  I felt loved.  I went to sleep anticipating the next day.

Sunday was equally wonderful, but as I listened it was also painful.  The Holy Ghost kept whispering to me of a change that needed to be made in my life.  In between sessions Husband asked me a question also about the issue.  By the end of the day as I realized the extent of my ungodly characteristic I was in tears saddened that I had caused so many people harm.

Today I wake up having been sufficiently humbled after hearing the messages.  I feel about as big as the period at the end of this sentence.  I was never going to blog again.  Then to add insult to injury, something caught my eye and I was mortified to see that an unfinished draft had been posted on this blog!  Could I feel any worse?  I apologize for my novice blogging skills. 

I know.  Nobody's perfect.  Everyone makes mistakes.  I am just tender after feeling like my soul has been ripped open and exposed to the refiner's fire.  It HURTS.  Complete honesty with oneself really hurts, but don't be confused and think it should be avoided.  When it is over, I will be a better person, stronger, more godly, less flawed.

Every talk touched me during this General Conference.  I am hesitant to talk about too many until I can link to them, so hopefully that will be soon.

Alright, Lindsay it's time to pick yourself up and go to work.

Readers, be patient with me.  I do not feel like writing anyone a letter right now.  I will be spending my time getting the beam out of my eye.  I do not feel qualified to be pointing anyone towards the gospel "to help them" when I am in need of help myself.  I know I'll feel better tomorrow, but it's "Tech Free Tuesday" so my computer won't be on until Wednesday.

All I have to offer is my voice of testimony of the truthfulness of Heavenly Father's work and glory to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.

Humbly,
Lindsay

No comments: