This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Provide, Preside, Protect


Dear Friend K,

Don't worry.  Your secret is safe with me.  My husband once took a job that we kept secret from everyone too.  I know that this was difficult for him to do and he had to swallow a lot of pride, because the job was WAY below his college degree.  He did it anyways because for us at the time circumstances were grim.

At the time I was too stressed to really appreciate it, but looking back now I am so grateful that Husband fulfilled his role as outlined in "The Family: A Proclamation to the World".  The specific sentence I am thinking of says:
"By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families."
When I think of how much he hated that job, but did it anyways for me I am humbled.  This is not just true love, but earning a spot in the Husband Hall of Fame right next to yours of course!  I know there are so many women that would kill to have husbands that step up to the plate and take care of business.

I am so thankful for all of the instances where Husband has chosen to preside, provide and protect our family.

Cheerfully,
Lindsay

No comments: