This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Mommy's Helper


Dear Sister,

I take it back.  "Easy Street" has turned into Reality Street.  It doesn't mean that it's hard, but with Husband going back to school it has been a challenge.

So yesterday I started looking at bread machines.  Then I started looking at wheat grinders, because everyone was saying that you needed to grind your own (which is something I have wanted to do anyways).  I have wanted a grinder for awhile to also help us be prepared should we ever need it.

After looking at such yummy bread online all day I decided to make some whole wheat blueberry muffins to accompany our breakfast burritos that I planned on making for dinner.

Like everything in my life, Daughter was there right beside me to help, so I let her help.

The muffins (so tacky with burnt stuff on my pan I know)
The eggs (complete with garlic, onions, peppers, spinach, tomato, and sausage!!!)
Some of the help I received from Daughter...we were done with the muffins and moving on to the eggs, but she thought she'd throw a tomato in, since I had let her do the flour, sugar, and baking powder.  (Now she is calling it an "egg"...hmmm, maybe this explains why she put it in)
We'll adjust to the new schedule.  It is a lot of fun to spend time with someone who can walk and talk.  She is a pure delight even though she wants my attention a lot.

I can't seem to find the words that I wanted to share with you about motherhood.  I know I am grateful to be a mother.  It is a huge blessing to me.

I know your kids keep you on your toes, also.

Love,
Lindsay

No comments: