This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Easy Street


Dear Daughter,

This will be short, because I am in a hurry, but I am hoping that if I start this, then in a few days I can finish elaborating on all of my thoughts.

In short my thought is this:

The past days I have been so proud of myself and proud of you.  I have been so proud of your accomplishments and your desire to achieve greatness.  Today you came up to Dad and I and said "Mess, mess".  We looked and there was a spill of water on the floor.  We gave you the rag to clean it up and then immediately you started to sing the "Clean Up" song.  You wiped up the whole mess perfectly which really is something at your age.

I just want to record that today and yesterday and the day before that I have felt like I was living on "Easy Street".  I love being your Mom.  I know that I am doing a good job.  I am actually giving myself credit for the things that I do for you.  No guilt.  No down-playing my goodness.  No trying to rip myself apart making my life harder for myself.

I have been so happy.  I love you so much.  I will write again soon.

Love,
Lindsay

No comments: