This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Friday, July 23, 2010

God Loves Me


Dear Friend P,

As quick as it came, it all went away.  An opportunity was placed before me.  One that Husband and I really wanted.  We weren't looking for it, it just appeared in front of us (how lucky is that?!?!).  It was something that we always desired and hoped for, but it's not going to happen anymore.  We had to tell them "No".

Why?  Why would we give up an opportunity of a lifetime?  Because God loves me.  And because He loves me, He gives me revelation as to what His will is for me.

The scriptures say, "But, behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right..."  Well, we did this about our decision.  We thought about it and then prayed, and everything seemed to be right.  Then the Lord revealed a few days later that it was His will to do things the exact opposite of what we had been planning.  You should read up on revelation to gain a greater understanding of what I am talking about as it pertains to my beliefs.

I still really look forward to you coming home at the end of the summer.  I am sure by now you are really curious what is going on, and maybe after more time passes, this will be an appropriate topic of conversation.  Please go surfing once for me!

Sincerely,
Lindsay

No comments: