This blog is not an official website of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor is Lindsay their official spokesperson.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Anne of Green Gables


Dear Daughter,

I just wanted to let you know how tickled I am that you are kind of like Anne of Green Gables, one of my all-time favorite book characters.

Anne always says that one of the best things about her is that she always learns from her mistakes and never makes the same mistake twice.  You are kind of like that.  When Husband and I tell you what the boundaries are, you learn.  When you get hurt, you know to avoid getting hurt the same way again.

I love that part of your name was inspired by Anne of Green of Gables.  I own and have read the boxed set many times over the years.  I wanted to read these books out loud to you while I was pregnant, but since I didn't know if you were a boy or a girl, I didn't want to risk it, because these are the ultimate girl power books.

Everyone thinks these books are all about Gilbert Blythe, but they're not.  Only a few pages in each book is dedicated to the love story between Anne and Gilbert, unlike the movies.  These books are all about Anne's adventures and how she makes it in the world as a creative soul with an extreme passion for life.

I want you to have to have a passion for life.  I want you to grow up to be a strong good woman.  I want you to always remember that while you are named after your Father, Anne of Green Gables was an inspiration as well.

Love,
Lindsay

No comments: